Pages

May 27, 2012

An antioxidant polish

I never cared for green tea. I know it's full of good stuff such as antioxidants etc. but I just don't like it. My sister had ordered a green tea cake for her graduation dinner in Boston and just thinking of it makes me turn green. I must say that was the nastiest thing I've ever tasted, and believe me, my palate has encountered some weird food. The most unusual dish I've eaten must have been curried bat in the Seychelles. It was actually really good and tasted like rabbit or chicken. Yes yes, we Europeans, especially the French speaking ones, eat awkward stuff sometimes.

Anyways, enough rambling, let's get down to business.

Today's polish is Sally Hansen's complete salon manicure in Green tea. I must say, this isn't the color of green tea but it sure is gorgeous. This is the very first polish from this line that I try as it has only been available here for a very short time (actually I have to cross the border and go to Sephora in France but that's only a 15 minute drive) and I'm impressed by the quality and the range of colors.

I purchased a few others and will be trying them shortly. There were only about 20 colors in my tiny Sephora but if I really like these polishes, well then I'll stock up on them when I go to NY at the end of June.

Colorwise, I'd say Green tea is an opaque minty green, but it is a bit dustier and softer than what I've seen on the market these past years.

The formula was great: 2 easy coats, self leveling, very glossy.




The last picture was taken in daylight (mid PM)


Have you tried Green tea? 

Do you have any great polishes from this line to recommend?

Thanks for reading and have a nice Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. I love Green Tea, the polish and the actual drink. Loves Me Not is one I picked the other day and it is gorgeous, if you see it don't hesitate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation. I just googled a picture of Loves me not and I love it. I'll try to grab it in NY when I go there.

      Delete
  2. Love this! I am like you though, not a fan of actual green tea! There are lots of great polishes from the Sally Hansen Complete line--one of my favs is a pale blue called Barracuda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Sally Hansen wish list is getting dangerously long as I'm seeing more and more great colors. My nails and eyes are delighted, but boy oh boy my wallet is going to kill me

      Delete
  3. Lol I agree with the first comment! But I would NEVER try green tea cake! Lol That just sounds like a bad idea so I'm not surprised you didn't like it Lol I wanted this color for a while but I couldn't justify the price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cake looked great, but I guess it was just like one of those beautiful poisonous flowers (jusquiame, belladonna...) and it felt deadly! Funny how we like certain foods and not others.
      I'll let you know if I find a more affordable dupe for Green Tea.

      Delete
  4. I'm having a hard time getting past the bat curry! That is so weird and gross!! I don't think I could EVER do that!! More power to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! More power for me! You make me laugh.
      Sorry if I disgusted you but it actually was really good. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference between bat or chicken if nobody told you.

      Delete