Pages

May 23, 2012

An un-planked treasure

I never really used to like purple nail polish, unless it was über dark, but have felt the urge to wear it in the past few months. I started off with pastels but am now also attracted to medium toned purples.

As much as I loved OPI's Pirates of the Caribbean collection, I remember that the only polish I refused to wear was Planks a lot, the dusty purple one. I used it on some friends and they really loved it but I kept it as far away as possible from my hands as I could. You must be thinking "why on earth did you buy it?", question to which I'd answer "it came in a quatro pack and I really wanted the other three polishes".

This poor lacquer has been sitting in the back of one or my Helmer's drawers for too long and I owe it an apology. It is gorgeous and I felt like I had unearthed a long lost treasure when I dug it out the other day.
Never again shall I abandon you my dear.

The formula was great: opaque in 2 coats, not streaks, bubbles or problems of any kind.

Have you ever fallen in love with a polish you used to dislike?






10 comments:

  1. I'm glad you re-found the polish, because it looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this polish a lot! Purple is a great color on you! I love it when I get to shop my own stash for new treasures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to shop my stash too! Thanks for the compliment.

      Delete
  3. Gladly you refound this beauty! Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what my problem with purple was before, but I found a new love!

      Delete
  4. Such a gorgeous purple. So calming :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, it is calming! Chromapolishology, a new science :)

      Delete
  5. I'm now proud to say I love it too :) Who knows what polish I used to hate I'll be loving next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Never again will I abandon you my dear" Lol too cute!
    I just recently purchased this color only because it was the last one I needed to complete the collection. My best friend loves this color and I just never had a desire for it. Seeing you initially feel the way I did about it and then love it is making me want to try it now too.

    ReplyDelete