Pages

Nov 5, 2011

Isadora's Ashes To Ashes

Hi lacquered ladies,

Having a nice weekend? I hope so :)

Today I have an Isadora polish to show you: Ashes to ashes, a dusty medium gray-ish purple.

I know my pictures make this polish look über gray, but believe me, it's purple based. I posted a couple of pictures comparing it to 2 other purple polishes and a gray t-shirt so you can judge for yourself.

Isadora is a Sweedish company that makes some pretty awesome polishes. I don't know if you will be able to find them outside of Europe, so I'm sorry if I get you drooling here if you can't find them in the States or Canada.

As much as I love the color of this polish, I hate it's name; so morbid and gloomy it almost gives me shivers.

The formula was a bit thick. I needed to add thinner before application; I hate it when that happens.

I applied this polish twice today because on my first attempt I used Sèche Vite and experienced massive shrinkage. Thanks Sèche...

The second time I used INM's Out The Door and had no problems.

Two coats were needed to reach full opacity.

What do you think of this dusty antique purple?

Thanks for reading and have a lovely Sunday :)







From left to right: Ashes to Ashes, Planks a lot, Bangle Jangle.


All pictures were taken in artificial lighting (natural light lightbulb) without flash.

8 comments: