Pages

Oct 6, 2011

Essie's Case Study + Nfu OH 50

Hello lacquer lovers!

Today I have an Essie polish to show you: Case Study from the Fall 2011 collection.

Case Study is a dark, almost taupe nude. The first time I wore it I wasn't too sure if I liked it. It needed a second chance and now it has all my love!

As it is the case with most Essie polishes, the formula was good. No streaks, bubbles or bald patches in sight. I applied 2 coats in order to get an opaque finish without VNL. 

Here it is alone:


Artificial lighting, no flash.


Artificial lighting, no flash.


Isn't it simply gorgeous?


To spice things up a bit, I added 1 coat of Nfu OH 50 (blue/green flakes in a lilac jelly base) on the second day. 

Wow I really like these flakie polishes! They look so interesting on your nails and offer so many combination possibilities!

Sorry for the numerous pictures: these flakies are hard to capture on camera!


Artificial lighting, no flash.


Artificial lighting, no flash.


Artificial lighting, no flash.


Daylight.


Daylight.



I didn't use my regular Sèche Vite topcoat. Instead, I applied Revlon's Quick Dry Topcoat, which is supposed to dry your polish to a hard finish in 30 seconds. Yeah right! I didn't do what it promised and should not be considered a fast drying topcoat! It took a full hour for my nails to be "sheet mark proof"! Although it doesn't dry very quickly, it at least is very shiny and didn't cause any shrinkage.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!







4 comments:

  1. OMG! Gorgeous I have a thing for essie! I love all of their polishes!!! Their formula is awesome! This is a beautiful "clean manicure" that totally makes you look, to put in simple words overall polished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lilynail: Merci :) As-tu déjà essayé les vernis "flakies" de Nfu OH? Ils sont incroyables!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always had my revlon tc dry very very fast, unless I have too many coats underneath. I actually tried it because a lot of bloggers gave it good reviews.

    ReplyDelete