Pages

Oct 25, 2011

Essie's Very Structured

Hi!

You might have read yesterday's post about my suspicious Essie polishes that I thought might be fake. Kittytokaren reassured me they were authentic so I decided to start posting pictures of them.

Let's start with Very Structured, a gorgeous rusty reddish brown with mauve undertones from Essie's Fall 2011 collection.

The formula wasn't great; rather thick and goopy but nothing catastrophic. I applied 2 coats that were too thick for my taste due to the consistency of this polish.
Then I used an Essie topcoat I hadn't tried yet: Good to go. I didn't like this topcaot at all and thought that it didn't keep it's promises... It is supposed to dry polish quickly and leave nails super shiny. It didn't. Not only was the drying time much longer than the other topcoats I use, but the shine effect was minimal. It didn't smooth the polish either and you can see the brush strokes (you might not notice them in the pictures but believe me, they are there).
I've only had this combo on since yesterday and my nails are already showing tip wear... Sigh.

It's a shame because I really like the color... I'll have to try again using a different topcoat and see if the result is better.

Have you tried this beauty yet, or any of the other polishes from Essie's Fall or Winter collections?




All pictures were taken in artificial lighting (natural light lightbulb) without flash.


Next up: more polishes from Essie's Fall and Winter collections, or something else....we'll see!

Chocolate kiss from Switzerland!


8 comments:

  1. I actually really like this on you!! I'm glad I could reassure you :) They are definitely real - just premarket and for retail. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kittytokaren: You really helped me out here, much more than the people I spoke to at Essie's HQ... And thanks for the compliment. Have you tried this one yet?

    @Une Ruxi à Paris: Thanks for your nice comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This polish looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty color for this season^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I saw your link on the comments about my photo of this polish on FB. I'm super surprised you had so much trouble with the topcoat. I use it all the time and I find it's every bit as good as seche vite . . . ? Weird that you had some issues with it. I know I do put it on very thick as it's self leveling like seche vite. Perhaps you got a bad batch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this colour! It's really elegant :-)

    ReplyDelete