I wasn't going to do my nails until tomorrrow or the day after because I loved Graphite so much, but I got carried away with customizing it and ended up with a horrible mess on my nails! Too much sparkle kills the sparkle!!
As I can't stand seeing my nails covered in a thick and ugly mess of lacquer, I removed the polish and decided to do a skittle/ombre mani. At first I thought of using warm tones, then greens, but ended up opting for blues and purples (a mix of warm an cool tones).
I also thought it would look nice with a matte topcoat and am really happy with the end result.
These are the polishes I used:
- Thumb: Nars - Night Flight (Blue shimmer in an almost black navy blue creme base) - 2 coats.
- Index: China Glaze - First mate (Navy creme) - 2 coats.
- Middle: China Glaze - Secrect Peri-Wink-Le (periwinkle creme) - 2 coats.
- Ring: OPI - Planks a lot (Dusty lilac creme) - 2 coats.
- Pinky: China Glaze - Light as air (Milky lavendar creme) - 2 coats.
The matte topcoat is Essie's Matte About You (1 coat).
I really like skittle manis and even wore a few to work. My students loved them!
Do you ever do skittle manis?
Artificial lighting, no flash.