Pages

Aug 8, 2011

Chanel's Peridot

Hi,

As promised, here are the swatches for Chanel's Peridot.

I just took off my neon + shatter polish and  wanted to leave my nails bare until I get my polish mail order in tomorrow (CG Metro coll + several others, a few OPI and Orly polishes), but I couldn't resist swatching this poor little bottle of polish that has been waiting for me to try it!

The formula applied like butter and dried quickly. I only needed 2 thin coats for it to be opaque. As it is metallic, you really need to watch out for streaks, applying your polish in straight strokes.

Peridot's color is hard to describe. I'd say it's a green + bronzey gold duochrome with hints of pink. This shade is eye-catching and looks great on tanned or dark skin, but I'm sure it will looks great on my winter white fingers!

Enjoy!



Photo 1:   Indoors, natural daylight (late PM)



Photo 2:   Outdoors, natural daylight.



Photo 3:   Indoors, artificial lighting.



Photo 4:   Indoors, artificial lighting.



Photo 5:   Indoors, natural daylight.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the photos in different lights! I haven't tried my bottle of this yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colour. I don't have anything like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @KarenD: You are welcome! Have you tried the other two shades (Graphite and Quartz)?

    @Beautyshades: Isn't it! I was sort of sceptical when I saw the bottle at first, but loved it as soon as it was on my nails.

    ReplyDelete